What can I expect after the treatment?
- Slight discomfort. We recommend taking Tylenol, rather than Advil, for the first 48 hours after your treatment if you have any discomfort.
- Redness, bruising and swelling typically resolves within a few days after injection into the skin and within a week after injection into your lips.
If you were to develop excessive swelling, please call our office immediately.
What we recommend:
- Applying ice to the treated area for a maximum of 10 minutes 2 to 3 times every hour for the first 48 hours. This will reduce swelling.
- Do NOT expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold at least until the initial swelling and redness have resolved.
- Do NOT rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours following. You may wash your face, but it is very important that you do not rub or apply pressure to the treated areas. Avoid any type of facial treatment such as facial massage or laser for the 14 days after your injection.