At Brent Howley, Plastic Surgery our clients are our first priority. Keeping you informed about your personal treatment plan is critical to achieving the results you want. We have carefully put the following information together for your review, following your treatment.
Post IPL treatment Information
- Scab-forming after skin rejuvenation and pigmented lesions treatment is to be expected.
- Do NOT pluck hair. Hair should not be pulled out after treatment, but left to fall out naturally. If hair is plucked artificially, folliculitis can cause inflammation.
- Pigmented lesions could be darker for 2-3 days, and will be lighter afterwards.
- Thicker hair is a normal reaction for a week (hairs pop up) after hair removal treatment.
- Mild redness around treated area is a normal skin reaction due to the heat created by the IPL.
- The scab disappears naturally after 1-2 weeks. It is recommended that further treatment should only be performed after scab has disappeared.
- Inflammatory acne treatment might be performed at 2 week intervals.
- Hair removal treatment should be performed at 4-6 week intervals.
- All other treatment (except for acne and hair removal) should be performed at 3-4 week intervals. Treatment should be performed after disappearance of scabs.
Post IPL treatment Care
- Apply ice to treated area.
- In case of severe erythema (redness), apply cooling on the area for more than 20 minutes.
- Dryness and forming corneous tissue are normal reactions after thermal effect, so please apply moisturizer cream frequently.
- Do not use scrubbing product for 1 week after treatment (exfoliators).
- Do not use functional cosmetics (ex: Retinol, AHA) for 2 days after treatment.
- Avoid saunas for at least 1 week.
- Do not use cosmetic products (toner, lotion) containing alcohol, it may cause skin irritation. Use mild moisturiser.
- Apply sun block cream (at least SPF 30) everyday, preventing post inflammatory
- hyperpigmentation. It is advisable to wear a hat and take an umbrella when going outside for 30 days after procedure.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office.
Dr. Howley and his office staff are committed to the highest standards of quality and individualized patient care. The practice prides itself on making patients feel comfortable and well informed about their care and surgical planning.