Limit stretching of the areas around your wound, this will help prevent bleeding and swelling. Try not to bump or hit your wound against anything, as this could open the wound.
- The dressing is waterproof, you are able to shower unless otherwise instructed by Dr. Howley or our nurse.
- Pat dressing dry after showering, DO NOT rub.
- Remove dressing 2-3 days after procedure. Polysporin and a bandaid can be applied at this time, until you have seen our nurse.
- You are able to shower, pat incision dry, DO NOT rub.
- Polysporin and a bandaid can be applied at this time, until you have seen our nurse.
- Excision on face: stitches will be removed 5-7 days after the procedure by our nurse.
- Excision on the body: stitches will be removed 10-14 days after the procedure by our nurse.
Contact our nurse if:
- You have severe pain in your wound area
- You have redness or swelling in your wound area
- You have pus coming from your wound and notice a bad smell
- You see red streaks on the skin around your wound